Some changes are afoot here at Doomed to Fail. For one thing, we're no longer tumbling our way through various series - instead we've opened up each show to all the engineery/culturaly things the world has to offer. You'll also notice some changes in how the show comes together. They'll probably keep changing as we figure out how we like it. In the meantime, consider this the start of D2F Season 2.
So: this week we start off talking about bridges, then spend a lot of time talking about whether or not we should care about bridges.
- Correction: Floating Bridge by MC Frontalot was posted on songfight.org, not songfight.com, which isn't anything.
- The Space Needle painted orange, but soon to be repainted yet another color
- The General Sherman tree, the largest tree in the world, by mass
- You're familiar with the Golden Gate Bridge
- How about the Bay Bridge?
- Chrome is the favorite color of Trace Adkins's dream girl, and possibly also that or robots
- Jonathan Coulton did not write that song. Just one more reason we like him.
- Wikipedia's page on robots tells us very little about their color preferences
- But if you find those color preferences are racist, please consider contacting the ACLU
- The American Institute of Architects list of America's Favorite Structures
- The Hong Kong-Macau-Zhuhai Bridge
- Unhappy Hipsters, in case you too want to lash back against architecture snobs
- Pittsburgh, which Kathryn hates
- Pittsburgh Bridges, which Kathryn presumably also hates
- Batman, of which Kathryn was not a fan (the latest film was shot in Pittsburgh! Coincidence?!)
- Does anyone know if other cities have official colors?
- High speed rail and why it needs bridges
- The Charter Oak Bridge, the title of the first interlude song, and located in Tim's home state of Connecticut
- Next week: Zumba